Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone sending unauthorized Data. ? Malware.

For the past 2 months, our family is getting Verizon alerts that we are approximating max data use, which has never happened before.

Then, for about the past month, when browsing on the iphones, we are getting a google CAPTCHA for unusual traffic.

When I went into Safari Advanced settings on our iPhones, I can see that our iPhones are sending unauthorized data to multiple websites repeated in small chunks--I've attached two photos of just today's data. I cleared the web history last PM. This is what was sent with only about 10 minutes of iPhone use while browsing using Wifi this AM.

We do not jailbreak phones. We only use iTunes downloads for any apps, and we rarely use apps anyway. We are adults who use our phones mainly for business and communication through text and email. However, we do use the mainstream apps, such as Facebook and iTunes. We do not use Facetime or any video apps. We use our browsers for reading of daily news.

We actually do NOT sync these computers with a desktop system or with a cloud. I used to, but I actually put away my desktop Mac for some cleaning and haven't sync'd the phones with it in a bit. Last sync was before this stuff began occurring.

Does anybody have any thoughts, or better, any remedy for this before I have to go into the Apple Store Genius Bar?

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 8:19 AM

22 replies

Jul 28, 2015 8:35 AM in response to KiltedTim

Actually, no. Quite the opposite. It never happens when we are using google and are on Wifi. It only happens when we are using the verizon network. And oddly, my husband's browser changes to Brazilian. He has to change it back every single time to English. I get the same CAPTCHA and have to enter a code. At home, everything is fine. I thought it might be a strange, local Colorado thing, but we are in Florida now on business, and it is doing the same thing. Finally, I changed the browsers to BING because it was on my last nerve having to enter the code every time.

Jul 28, 2015 8:52 AM in response to Csound1

Sorry, I know you are correct. I was imprecise. Trying to do too many things at one time. I should have devoted more time to specifically replying. What I meant specifically to say was that I changed the Search Engine option in the Settings from Google to Bing, which alleviates the CAPTCHA issue. Obviously, the browser running is Safari.

iPhone sending unauthorized Data. ? Malware.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.