Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

'permissions' problem when exporting from iphoto

hello,

i’d like to be able to export photos from an album in iphoto and then view the photos individually (in preview, and perhaps share the files with other users not using iphoto.)

I have successfully exported the photos but when i try to open the newly exported photos i am confronted with the following message:

The file “IMG_8846.jpg” couldn’t be opened because you don’t have permission to view it.

To view or change permissions, select the item in the finder and choose File > Get Info.

I have done checked the permissions. They all are listed as “Read & Write”.

Could someone kindly let me know what i can do so that exported photos are viewable?

Many Thanks

Peter

Mac OS X 10.9

iphoto 9.4.3

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 10:03 AM

7 replies

Jul 28, 2015 12:10 PM in response to léonie

léonie, thank you for your prompt reply.

Yes indeed. I exported the files to a folder within another folder, on the desktop. Now having read your question i have tried exporting the files to another folder on another drive. I have 2 hard drives on my mac pro. Additionaly i also tried exporting the files to an external hard drive. All of the export locations have resulted with the same 'permissions' problem.

Real bummer, i'd quite like to make use of iphoto in the way i described, but if i can't open exported files, then i'm limited with my options..:(

looking forward to any suggestions you might have!! 🙂

thanks!

Jul 29, 2015 2:55 AM in response to Yer_Man

Terence, thanks for your reply. I will do this 🙂

léonie, if you still have an idea of how this can be resolved please do write me a suggestion. And to anyone else who might read this and have an idea: please let me know! 🙂

I suspect that when i post this on a 'Finder' page that some people will refer me back to iphoto. So..do please share your knowledge if you have an idea!! 🙂

looking forward to any replies fellow mac users..:)

'permissions' problem when exporting from iphoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.