Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari: Show password for selected websites button will not stay lit

Running OS 10.9.5 & Safari Version 7.1.7 (9537.85.16.12)

Trying to view my passwords in Safari preferences. I choose the website that I want to view, but when I click on the "show passwords for selected websites" button it will not stay lit. I'm sure I was able to do this a few weeks ago, but I've updated Safari since then and it must have changed something.

Thanks for any info.

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 10:25 AM

5 replies

Jul 28, 2015 11:06 AM in response to S Proton

when I click on the "show passwords for selected websites" button it will not stay lit

Does this happen even if you don't leave that window?

Give this a try: boot into the Recovery volume (boot with the Command + R keys held down), select Disk Utility and repair both the disk permissions and the disk. Reboot normally and try again.

User uploaded file

Jul 28, 2015 12:01 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

Thanks for the replies. I repaired the permissions and it's working now. Did not have to boot in recovery mode. I figured to first try it without doing that and I guess I got lucky!

Maybe someone can help with another password issue?

I had a disk crash a few months ago and had to wipe the disk and reinstall everything from Time Capsule. Everything is working fine, except now when I restart I have to put in my admin password before I can access anything. How can I bypass that? I can't seem to find a way to stop it from asking me for the password when I restart.

Thanks again for any info.

Safari: Show password for selected websites button will not stay lit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.