Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCPX 10.2.1 displays Library file icons as white pages?

Hello, this is a little cosmetic issue I've noticed. I recently upgraded from FCPX 10.1 to 10.2.1. I have no problem opening all my Libraries that were started in 10.1 and everything in 10.2.1 seems to be functioning no problem. The one thing I've noticed since updating though is that all my Libraries look different and are missing the little four-box purple FCPX icon that usually identifies them on my desktop or in a folder somewhere. Now they are just a blank white page icon. If I double click the blank white icon it will open as normal in FCPX, but how do I restore the visual purple icon for all my Libraries.

Thanks for any help. I've attached a partial screen grab of one of my unopened Libraries called "Music Video".

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 8:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 10:50 AM

You may want to run OnyX and let you clear the Icon Services cache. OnyX is a free piece of software from http://www.titanium.free.fr

that has been around for many years and is a valuable tool in any user's arsenal. Disclaimer: I have used OnyX since perhaps 10.2 Jaguar (anyone remembers that?), no affiliation with the author, just a satisfied user.

User uploaded file

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2015 10:50 AM in response to Flophouse

You may want to run OnyX and let you clear the Icon Services cache. OnyX is a free piece of software from http://www.titanium.free.fr

that has been around for many years and is a valuable tool in any user's arsenal. Disclaimer: I have used OnyX since perhaps 10.2 Jaguar (anyone remembers that?), no affiliation with the author, just a satisfied user.

User uploaded file

Jul 29, 2015 10:08 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Thank you Luis, I really do appreciate you taking the time to help solve this little anomaly. I have messed around with Terminal a few times in the past but I'm certainly no expert at it. I decided to just try the free OnyX software first. I downloaded it and installed no problem, then checked the box for the Icon Services Cache (thanks for that screen grab) and cleared it.

All good now. I checked out one of my FCPX Libraries and the correct preview icon is being used. It was only a cosmetic problem thankfully and not a function problem, but thank you for your help all the same. 😀

User uploaded file

FCPX 10.2.1 displays Library file icons as white pages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.