Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Custom audio toggle

Using a custom image to play audio ... in short: If I use my own image as a toggle, it will play the full audio-file. This can only be interrupted by turning the page or starting another audio playback on the same page. However, I want to use my own image and have it act as a toggle. It can be done (don't know if with iBooks Author though), as this book here https://itunes.apple.com/de/book/gestatten-froschkonig!-kindermusical/id50101235 3?mt=11 uses exactly that feature.

Hi, I am doing a children's book with iBook Author and I am almost there. One feature is to either read the text or have it read to you. Since the standard audio icon isn't very children's book compatible, I designed my own icon. And I can use it, but then it will only act as a play button. If hit repeatedly, it will restart. I would like it to act as a toggle though. The above mentioned example actually uses an icon that changes color, which is kinda nifty. It turns red when depressed for the second time to indicate the playback is paused.

Can it be done with iBooks Author?

Thanks so much

Florian

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 11:09 AM

1 reply

Custom audio toggle

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.