Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sophos 9.2.7 Autoupdate Won't Finish Downloading Mac OS 10.6.8

I've been using the free version of Sophos on my MacBook Pro as long as I've had it. Recently, though, Sophos no longer updates. The AutoUpdate either downloads eternally or the bar freezes up. I can't find any information on what the problem might be. I've scoured the Sophos website, but even though I'm registered under FreeTalk and logged in, I can't post anything (New Message is grayed out).

I've tried downloading the latest version of Sophos for MacOS 10.6 from the Sophos site and re-installing it, but the problem persists. Can anyone help? I have a MacBook Pro running MacOS 10.6.8 and Sophos 9.2.7 (free version).

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 12:15 PM

5 replies

Aug 2, 2015 12:09 PM in response to Eric Root

Turns out Sophos cannot be updated in safe mode. The update manager is not available. Which makes sense, I suppose.

The problem persists. Sometimes it "downloads" for hours or even days before saying the server timed out. Sometimes it says "Checking the primary server" for the same duration with the same result. And sometimes the update window is simply frozen. Any ideas? Thanks.

Sophos 9.2.7 Autoupdate Won't Finish Downloading Mac OS 10.6.8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.