Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Duplicate Photos after IPhote Recent Upgrade

I recently upgraded to the new Iphoto. As a result I ended up with an "album" that duplicated all of my photos. Now I have over 16,000 photos rather than 8,000. I tried to delete the album which resulted in all my photos disappearing which I brought back. How do I remove the album without removing my photos? Also when I hide a photo they still show up in my albums. Under the older version when I hide a photo it never showed in albums, books, etc.

MacBook Air

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 10:47 AM

7 replies

Jul 28, 2015 2:54 PM in response to BillPhelps

First you need to define exactly how you upgraded. From your description you upgraded to the new Photos app that came with Yosemite. How did you convert/migrate your iPhoto library to the Photos library?

Hidden photos in a Photos library are only hidden in the Moments view. Tell Apple what missing features you'd like restored or new features added in Photos via https://www.apple.com/feedback/photos.html.

User uploaded file

Jul 29, 2015 8:21 AM in response to Old Toad

Old Toad thank you. I am using the Photos that came with Yosemite. I am on Version 10.10.3. You asked "How did you convert/migrate your Iphoto library to the Photos library?" I simply "hit" the update/upgrade button. When I opened the photos I had an an icon and name "All Photos" under the "Albums" menu and at the very top I had "photos". I have over 17,000 photos and videos in each one. Prior to the migration I have half that many.

Jul 29, 2015 10:44 AM in response to BillPhelps

Click on the Photos icon in the sidebar (to open the sidebar use the Option+Command+S key combination), scroll to the bottom of the window and note the number of photos and videos at the bottom of the window

Now click on the All Photos icon in the sidebar and note the number of photos in the upper right hand corner of the window. The All Photos number will be the sum of photos and videos.

How do these two numbers compare to the number of photos in the iPhoto Library?

Duplicate Photos after IPhote Recent Upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.