Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After erasing iCloud from phone after being stolen, do hackers still have access to personal information?

My iPhone 6 16gb Gold got stolen on Sunday, July 26 around 4am in Barcelona, Spain. I attempted to track it down using Find My iPhone on iCloud but the phone was shut off. I set the phone on Lost Mode then I decided to erase my phone which suspended Apple Pay. I put in my brother's number during the process. Recently, on Tuesday, July 28 he received a text stating that my iPhone was at the apple service center with a link to claim it. It sent me to a page that looked like the log in to iCloud. Once I logged in, I realized it was a scam because it showed that my phone was located in Ecuador and the web page itself seemed fake. I immediately change my Apple ID password. Now my question is, after initially erasing my iPhone from iCloud, do the hackers still have access to my information? I don't mind if they keep they phone, but I am more concerned if they will have access to my name, credit/debit information, etc.

What are some step I can take to assure that I won't suffer from identity theft or fraud?

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 11:20 AM

3 replies

After erasing iCloud from phone after being stolen, do hackers still have access to personal information?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.