Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

irradic zoom behaviour on macpro, perfect on MacBook. drivers?

ook so I've been using lofuc professionaly for 10 years now, every day of the week. I've been here since the logic 7/ dongle days and been through 5 different computers. all have worked fine, untill logic x, it has some wierd acceleraction going on where one mousescroll "click" sometimes gets ignored, and there is always a long delay between the mouse action and the visible zoom same with scrolling... only logic x, and what I figurdd out only on my macpro5.1 with 2 3.33 xeons and the ati5770 ! I took a session ( running off a FireWire drive, plugged it into my MacBook pro 2012, same mouse, same hard drive, same session and zoom and scroll work perrrrfectly! no irradic jumping to the end of the session, no accidentally zooming alllllll the way out, no lag with zooming. I mean perfect! now what the **** gives? i spent a couple days formatting hard drives and doing clean installs of Mavericks and Yosemite on both computers and still, the issue follows the macpro! any advice? I'm seriously about to give up on logic for good... the program itself and it's quirks I can deal with but when every waking second of me working on a session I feel like my computer is grinding to a halt because of this lag. oh, and zero lag in logic 9 on both computers:( does it have something to do with the multi touch drivers? or what? theres got to be a fix! and no, usb overdrive doesnt fix the issue, just makes it slightly more tolerable.

OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 10:57 AM

8 replies

Aug 1, 2015 3:47 PM in response to ian.van

Then, as you suspect, it's going to likely be a Graphic driver related problem unfortunately...

Note: The issue isn't actually being caused by Logic itself but rather OS X (Newer versions) and Cocoa I suspect..... and that particular implementation along with the drivers Apple used ....

You may find this thread of interest....

Driver upgrade for AMD Radeon 5770 Graphics Card

Aug 3, 2015 7:07 PM in response to ian.van

Okay.....

What I, and the later posts in that thread.... are suggesting.. is that you probably need to replace your video card and get a newer one with better supported drivers..... that work better under modern OS X versions (which have the updated drivers for the newer cards included).... compared to what you already have.

It seems several people replaced the 5770 with the GTX 970 to get much better performance "out of the box' with an older Mac Pro....

Here is an example thread...

http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/183591/gtx-970-in-a-mac-pro

There are many others.. just google... Mac Pro and GTX 970

Aug 11, 2015 10:56 AM in response to The Art Of Sound

aah i get what you're saying now, I can see how this would affect zooming and scrolling, especially since I'm on a 2k monitor. but glitches like logic sending me to the end of a session, then zooming to 2 different focus points all by itself, by simply zoomin in out in out rapidly. it's like logic can't decide wether to zoom to marquee selection, selected region start, play head, or highlighted track. or even bar 13000 sometimes.

irradic zoom behaviour on macpro, perfect on MacBook. drivers?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.