Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My used and available storage doesn't add up to the sum of the apps listed on my iphone

My used storage is 11.5GB, my available storage is 1.1GB which adds up to 12.6GB which is about right for a 16GB iphone. However the actual apps listed don't add up to 12.6GB. My music is 3.3GB, then Photos 1.5GB then Facebook 416MB then the rest decrease from 236GB to 50GB and in no way add up to 12.6GB. Any ideas why?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 11:34 AM

1 reply

Aug 4, 2015 10:18 AM in response to markt2230

I'm having the same trouble. My total used storage adds up to 4.6GB. But it says my used storage is 9 GB with 2.5 GB available. That is incorrect math right there. I've looked into it and I'm pretty sure it's caused by Apple about to release a new version of the iphone. So the software says "let's take how much storage he's using, and then double it! It will be hilarious! He will then buy a new phone and upgrade to more storage because he's a moron."

My used and available storage doesn't add up to the sum of the apps listed on my iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.