Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

NetRestore 10.6.8

Hello Community,

I have a lot of old iMacs I need to restore back to factory settings 10.6.8. I have built a NetRestore image using SIU.

The problem I am running into is that these iMacs have had their volumes renamed to something other than "Macintosh HD".

When I run the NetRestore it say's that "Macintosh HD" is missing.

Is there a way I can rename the volume of the internal drive using Automator or something before running my NetRestore image?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), null

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 11:47 AM

5 replies

Jul 28, 2015 3:33 PM in response to Niel

Iv got the process working, I just need to figure out a way where it can delete the volume of the "client" before running the NetRestore.

It's giving an error right now saying that the volume "Macintosh HD" can not be found since the HD is named something else.

Any workarounds? Where would I run the AppleScript?

Jul 28, 2015 4:52 PM in response to Niel

This command will work but I want to automate the whole process, press and hold the N key and walk away from the computer.

I have to restore 350 iMacs to factory settings, as much as I can automate the process will save me a lot of time.

I basically need to be able to erase and rename the volume of the "client" to "Macintosh HD".

Is this possible to automate?

NetRestore 10.6.8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.