Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't find scroll bar on photos

Hello,

Where is the scroll bar for photos? "Moments" only goes down three rows. I'd like to see entire collection. Albums only show one screen. I saw the scroll bar briefly. I just upgraded to Lion OS 10.7.5 which is the highest I can go with my hardware.

Thank you

LGSmith

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 10:46 AM

3 replies

Dec 22, 2017 2:06 PM in response to léonie

Thanks for the response. I set my preferences to "always" but I still don't see the scroll bar. I don't have trackpad. I'm using a MacPro and I can't update anymore than 10.7.5. Still can't see more than 40 of my 1155 photos because I can't scroll. I have a Apple cinema display and I'm viewing photos as small as possible. This is frustrating.

LG Smith

Mac user since 1989

Jul 28, 2015 10:55 AM in response to Community User

I just upgraded to Lion OS 10.7.5 which is the highest I can go with my hardware.

The Photos,app does not work with MacOS X 10.7 Lion. You must have updated to Yosemite for Photos being installed. Photos requires MacOS X 10.10.3 or later.

To make the scroll bars visible open the System Preferences > General and change the settings for "Show Scroll bars" to "Always".

In MacOs X Lion or later you can scroll using the trackpad without the scroll bars being visible. Just try to scroll by dragging on your trackpad.

User uploaded file

Can't find scroll bar on photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.