Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Map directions in Spain

My uncle is planning a road trip in Spain later this year. Can he rely on Maps directions to get him to my various destinations?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 12:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 9:15 AM

Hello Marc Sievers1,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you would like to know if Maps is a viable option to use while in Spain for navigation. Maps service is available in Spain and would be a good choice for navigation.

Apple - iOS 8 Feature Availability

I would also suggest becoming familiar with how to use cellular networks in another country. For information on this, please review the attached article below.

iPhone and iPad: Using cellular networks while in another country - Apple Support

Have a great day

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2015 9:15 AM in response to Marc Sievers1

Hello Marc Sievers1,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you would like to know if Maps is a viable option to use while in Spain for navigation. Maps service is available in Spain and would be a good choice for navigation.

Apple - iOS 8 Feature Availability

I would also suggest becoming familiar with how to use cellular networks in another country. For information on this, please review the attached article below.

iPhone and iPad: Using cellular networks while in another country - Apple Support

Have a great day

Jul 30, 2015 9:19 AM in response to Marc Sievers1

Marc Sievers1 wrote:

My uncle is planning a road trip in Spain later this year. Can he rely on Maps directions to get him to my various destinations?

Maps will work fine, however it uses a lot of data, so if he has a roaming data plan he should get a big one. Otherwise he will have to take out a mortgage to pay the cellular bill. If his phone is unlocked he would be better off getting a Pay as you Go SIM from a carrier in Spain. Or get a navigation app that stores all of the maps on the device, such as Navigon or TomTom.

Map directions in Spain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.