Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remote Erasing iPhone - Find My iPhone & Activation Lock

My iPhone screen died and I will be getting a replacement phone in the mail in the next day or 2. I then need to return my current phone. Because the screen is blank, I cannot erase the phone normally via the Settings app. However, I can erase remotely using iCloud.com. My questions:

1) Is the remote erase the same as Erase All Content and Settings from the phone itself?

2) Will remote erase turn off Find iPhone if/when that phone is repaired? In other words, is this a method to permanently turn off the Find iPhone option?

3) If not, is there another method to deactivate the iCloud locking?

Thanks!

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 11:52 AM

There are no replies.

Remote Erasing iPhone - Find My iPhone & Activation Lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.