Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help needed: Trying to ingest "Sony" files? / And... mpeg2 component?

Hey all,

I'm trying to ingest files that I shot with a Sony camera. Here is the file type after I converted it (NOTE: It was a .mts!): (more info to follow after screen shots)

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

FCPX won't accept the file. (Greyed-out in the ingest dialogue box)

So, I tried to convert it to ProRes422 with "mpeg stream clip." Then, I got this message:

User uploaded file

I went to that webpage, I'm unsure WHICH component to install among those offered!

QUESTIONS:

1. What the best way to get my file type ingested
  2. What is the best way to convert FROM .mts to a filetype FCPX will recognize? (WHICH file type? WHICH program is the best to convert?)
  3. Am I on the right path with "Streamclip?" If so, which component needs to be installed?

Any help would be appreciated!

Final Cut Pro X, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 10:53 AM

5 replies

Help needed: Trying to ingest "Sony" files? / And... mpeg2 component?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.