Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Could this be a swollen battery? Iphone 5

I've recently realised that something is not right with my phone and want to try and sort it as soon as possible. I think it could be a swollen battery.

The side of the screen has light coming out of it (just above the volume button) And I can see from where the light is coming from the screen is starting to come away from the rest of the phone. When I try to push it back into place (not a good idea) a purple blurry line comes up on my screen which is telling me something isn't right. Could it be something to do with the battery expanding? If it is a swollen battery due to it not being under warranty anymore will it cost for the repair? Many people have said they do it no charge due to it being a health hazard due to the battery exploding. Help!!!!!

iPhone 5, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 1:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 1:12 PM

Check here first

https://www.apple.com/support/iphone5-battery/

if your iPhone is not included take it to an Apple Store genius bar as soon as possible ,battery may have become unstable

6 replies

Jul 21, 2016 12:49 PM in response to Luke_2710

I have the same issue but now that my iPhone 5 is well out of warranty, the Apple store will replace the phone for the price of the battery. At first they said it would cost me over 200 dollars to fix, but when I complained to Apple over the phone, the price went from the 200 to 79 dollars. I was still dissatisfied as it is a health hazard, but what could I do? I have been told by Apple not to use the phone but it's the only one I have. I was also told that if I smelled a candy odor coming from the phone, I was to run away from it FAST.

Could this be a swollen battery? Iphone 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.