Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 Headphone mode

i got my iPhone 6 less than 60 days , since 4 days i put my headphones to listen to some music , since then , my device always deal that headphones is on all the time . I make calls , answer incoming calls or listen to music unless i put the headphone . any ideas ?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 3:41 PM

3 replies

Jul 30, 2015 12:18 PM in response to kholy114

Hi kholy114,

I understand that you are experiencing an issue with your iPhone’s audio switching between the headphones and internal speakers, such as the receiver speakers. I would like you to attempt the suggestions in the following article to see if they will resolve your issue:

If you can't hear a person on a call or voicemail or if the sound quality is poor on iPhone - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203800

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Have a good one!

Aug 1, 2015 5:25 AM in response to braden85

hi braden85,

my problem just fixed its' own self suddenly , i was listen to some music using headphones and i got to sleep and forgot the headphone connected to the device about 3 or 4 hours . as i wake up and get the headphones out , i suddenly discovered that my device is on normal mode . i am now have fears from putting it again . whats your advice ?

Aug 1, 2015 6:26 AM in response to kholy114

Hi again kholy114 ,

I would suggest that you continue using your iPhone and headphones as normal. If the issue presents itself again, I would suggest trying the troubleshooting steps that I provided in my previous reply. Additionally, you may want to think about cleaning out your headphone jack on your iPhone, since debris in the headphone jack can be the cause of symptoms such as the ones you are experiencing:

Unplug the headset and clear any debris from the headset jack. Then plug it back in.

Make sure the headset is plugged in all the way. If you’re using a case, remove it to make sure it’s not getting in the way.

Check the headset cable, connector, remote, and earbuds for damage. Make sure they’re not blocked or dirty.

If your headset isn't working - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203026

Thanks again for using the Apple Support Communities. Have a good one!

iPhone 6 Headphone mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.