Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why does it take FOREVER and/or not let me see my photos being imported on updated iPhoto program

why does it take FOREVER and/or not let me see my photos being imported on updated iPhoto program

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 12:47 PM

5 replies

Jul 28, 2015 12:53 PM in response to Annand10

being imported on updated iPhoto program

Is your updated iphoto Program the new Photos.app? Which versions of MacOS X and iPhoto or Photos are you using?

The new Photos.app (version 10.01) seems to have problems with importing, if you have iCloud Photo Library enabled. Then importing is very slow.

It helps to disable your network connection before you start importing new photos.

Jul 28, 2015 1:00 PM in response to Annand10

so are you saying turn my wifi off? sorry I am not good at al with computers yet. I have the iPhoto 1.0

I just remember before this update I was able to see that my was connected and the photos would import right in front of me and then give the option to keep them on my phone or erase.. I see none of this and it just says importing (# of photos) and nothing is being done it just sits there….

Jul 28, 2015 1:11 PM in response to Annand10

so are you saying turn my wifi off?

Yes. Try that. Disable Wi-Fi on your Mac before you connect your iPhone to USB.

then give the option to keep them on my phone or erase.. I see none of this and it just says importing (# of photos) and nothing is being done it just sits there….

Then you have probably iCloud Photo Library enabled on your iPhone.

Do you want to use iCloud Photo Library? Then you d nt need to import a second time by connecting to USB.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.