Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can you migrate apps from an old iPod Touch to a new one?

I have a 3.5 year old 4th Gen iPod Touch and I have just ordered a new one from Apple and I want to know if I can migrate my apps with all of their save data to the new one. I have several games, included expensive paid ones and I do NOT want to have to start all over again. My existing iPod is simply too slow.

iPod touch, iOS 6

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 12:30 PM

8 replies

Jul 28, 2015 12:33 PM in response to Gene Starwind

Backup the 4th gen iPod using either iTunes or iCloud. When you get the new iPod you can restore your apps from that backup.

How to back up your devices using iCloud or iTunes - Apple Support

Keep in mind, if the exisitng iPod is running an older iOS, the apps you restore from a backup to the new iPod (which will be running iOS 8.4) may not run on 8.4.

Jul 28, 2015 1:00 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

If you restore from iCloud backup the latest version of apps will be automatically downloaded. If you restore from iTunes backup the apps and music have to be in the iTunes library since synced media like apps and music are not included in the backup of the iOS device that iTunes makes.

You can redownload most iTunes purchases by:

Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store

How can you migrate apps from an old iPod Touch to a new one?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.