Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Non-iTunes purchases delete on update

If I didn't purchase on iTunes, it seems to delete those songs at some point; especially at time of updates. Am I imagining or does iTunes deliberately

"lose" songs not purchased on their site? Music from my own CDs/Albums, often NOT AVAILABLE on iTunes. Those songs will also not store on

iCloud. Is this iTunes policy? If this is "normal", then I must find another way to secure my non-iTunes purchase data base 😟 Suggestions or comments?

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 11:31 AM

3 replies

Jul 28, 2015 6:42 PM in response to Jimzgoldfinch

I wish it was on this hard drive, but no. I will have to go back to another (my older Mac) I have in hopes it & others will be there. I fought with my iPad for about a month cuz it consistently REMOVED (non-iTune) songs from my playlists whenever I was online.....very bizarre. I have been with iTunes since its inception and have noted songs missing rather regularly; primarily after updates. Part was due to changes in account name & even though I caught it quickly I was never able to get those back either ;( BUT there has been no account name changes in the past 8 yrs, soooooo. I'm at a loss as to what to do to secure my music without attempting to completely bypass iTunes or getting an app to use in conjunction to it. I still have some of these "lost songs" on my iPod which I will download to a different app in effort to save them until someone is able to help solve this problem 😟

Non-iTunes purchases delete on update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.