Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gift cards and ask to buy

is it possible to add gift cards to my kids accounts so they don't have to ask for permission?

However, once they've used up the gift cards, I would like to have them ask for permission to make new purchases that would use my credit card.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 11:46 AM

1 reply

Jul 30, 2015 9:13 AM in response to zotje

Good day zotje,

My understanding of your question is that you have a Family Sharing group of which you are the organizer or approver, and that children in the group are using Ask to Buy. You want to know whether they will have to ask when using a balance from a gift card to make a purchase. Is that correct?

If a Family Sharing member has Ask to Buy enabled for them, all purchases must be approved, regardless of account balance status. See this article for reference - Request and make purchases with Ask to Buy.

Specifically -

When a family member initiates a new purchase or free download, a request is sent to the organizer if Ask to Buy is on.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Safe computing.

Gift cards and ask to buy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.