Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio is skipping in fcpx. How can I fix this?

The video works fine, just the audio is skipping.

320 GB, .mov

Codecs: Component Y'CbCr 10-bit 4:2:2, Timecode, Linear PCM

PowerMac, iOS 8.1.1

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 11:54 AM

4 replies

Jul 29, 2015 8:54 AM in response to mzedeck

Has audio ever worked properly on your system? Is this a new issue? Skipping audio usually means the timeline/project settings are requiring more processing of the raw audio files than your processor is capable of.

If we pursue this deeply, we'll need some specific numbers: Macintosh model and CPU speed, RAM capacity, OS version, and FCPX version.

BTW: Your Macintosh is not running iOS 8.

Jul 29, 2015 1:09 PM in response to David Bogie Chq-1

Hi,

Not sure how iOS 8 got stamped on there.

Anyway, audio has worked properly on my system. Most of the time the recordings are fine and every now and then I get a recording that skips. This is a link to a sample of what I am experiencing: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20767719/skip%20sample.mp3

I am out of the office today but I will post the specs you have requested first thing in the morning.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Mary

Jul 30, 2015 4:32 AM in response to David Bogie Chq-1

iMac, 27 inch Late 2013

Processor - 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory - 32 GB 1600 Mhz DDR3

Graphics - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

OS X Version 10.9.5

The file in question is a video file - .mov, 320 GB (the audio posted was a clip of what's happening).

If it's a processing issue, is there a way to recover the recorded video without the skips?

Thank you!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.