Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sart up screen too big to use

My IPAD 3 is fully updated to IOS 8.4 ran its battery fully down. After 30 mins recharging it would not switch on at all.

Eventually the screen appeared as if clouds were floating by. After many restarts an much more charging it presented a proper start up screen with the switch on slider visible & operable but at about 10 times oversized. The passcode screen is equally as huge but impossib!le to enter the code as screen manover can only be moved in all 4 directions by pressing exteeme edge of screen. I'm now to wait for 60 mins before next try annunciated in huge lettering which I can scroll left & right with difficulty. Charge is being accepted & at 68% now.

Any suggestions would be gratefully accepted. Many thanks Tony

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 12:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 1:03 PM

Zoom is one of the accessibility functions, try double-tapping the screen with 3 fingers and see if that zooms it back out - and if it does set Settings > General > Accessibility > Zoom 'off'. If it doesn't zoom you back out then try triple-clicking the home button and see if that turns it off, and if it does you can then change what a triple-click does via Settings > General > Accessibility > Accessibility Shortcut.

When zoom is 'on' you should be able to drag around the screen with three fingers

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2015 1:03 PM in response to tonyfromglossop

Zoom is one of the accessibility functions, try double-tapping the screen with 3 fingers and see if that zooms it back out - and if it does set Settings > General > Accessibility > Zoom 'off'. If it doesn't zoom you back out then try triple-clicking the home button and see if that turns it off, and if it does you can then change what a triple-click does via Settings > General > Accessibility > Accessibility Shortcut.

When zoom is 'on' you should be able to drag around the screen with three fingers

Jul 28, 2015 1:18 PM in response to tonyfromglossop

Brilliant, I've tried the fingering & triple home button tapping a second time following your instructions in more detail. Bingo , I'm back in again & can stop taking my heart startpills now. 🙂. Thanks no end for this very simple solution King-Penguin I'm indebted. First time I've ever used a discussion group .even had to use my wife's Android Huddle. Best Wishes. Tony

Sart up screen too big to use

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.