Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Shuts Off and Greyed Out Wifi?

I have an iPhone 4. iOS 7.1. No phone carrier, I ONLY can use it with wifi.

My iphone has always been a little off, but it generally always worked well. Today, I saw my battery was down to about 20% so I plugged it in. It was working fine, I was using it while it was charging. When it got to about 50%, I unplugged. I didn't use it after I unplugged it and when I looked back about 5 minutes later, it was off. I plugged it in and it turned right on and was working perfectly, despite being unable to connect to wifi. I unplugged it to bring it closer to the router, but as soon as it was off the charger, it went black. It refused to turn on again until I plugged it back in. This time when the phone turned on, everything was bad.

It said it was at 100 percent charged, which is impossible since it was just at 30%. The time and date are random now, saying its January 31st. Every time I unplug it now, it automatically shuts down. Even when its on the charger, the screen flashes grey and it restarts itself every few minutes (about 2-3 minutes). The wifi is also greyed out and I am unable to click it.

I tried resetting the settings, but it didn't do anything. I really would like to avoid deleting data, as I have no way to save my photos. My iphone has taken some nasty falls and gotten wet, but it never seemed effected by these. It has always had a very impressive battery life compared to my friends phones. Today when it stopped working, I had done nothing to it, didnt fall or anything. Really would like to see some fix of this issue!

thanks!

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 1:26 PM

1 reply

Jul 30, 2015 10:56 AM in response to Sweetsour3232

Hello there, Sweetsour3232.

It sounds like you're having issues with your iPhone remaining powered on unless it's connected to power. The following Knowledge Base article offers up some great troubleshooting:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond or doesn't turn on - Apple Support

If you find the issues persist, even after the recommended steps:

What to do next

Contact Apple Support to set up service if you have any of these issues:

• You still see a black screen after charging, force restarting, or following the steps in this article.
  • You see a black screen, but can hear alerts, sounds, and vibrations.
  • Your screen is on, but it doesn't respond to when you tap, slide, or try other gestures.
  • You can't force your device to restart because your Home button or Sleep/Wake button is broken or stuck.
  • Your device is stuck on the Apple logo, displays a solid color, or isn't recognized in iTunes.

Thanks for participating in Apple Support Communities.

Cheers.

iPhone Shuts Off and Greyed Out Wifi?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.