Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem setting up timed access control for an iPhone MAC address Airport 6.3.4 utility.

I am trying to set up timed access control in Airport Utility 6.3.4 for an iPhone 6. When I enter the MAC address and times, either the Save button is not active or if it is active, I hit Save and the window closes and reopens without the description/MAC address that I just entered.

IOS 10.10

Motorola Surfboard SB6120 Modem

On the Network tab, I checked Enable Access Control; clicked on Timed Access Control. Clicked on the + button; entered a description and MAC Address; selected a time. Sometimes the save button remains inactive. Other times, after I hit Save, the window closes and then reopens without the info I just added.

Any help is appreciated!

Molly

Airport Utility-OTHER

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 12:26 PM

6 replies

Jul 29, 2015 10:50 AM in response to mollyhop

Thanks for the information. There are probably only two possibilities here.

1) The AirPort Utility application is corrupted, possibly because prior settings were not completely deleted and the old settings are interfering with the correct settings that you are trying to enter.

2) You feel that you are doing everything correctly, but you are not doing something that you think you are doing, or the thing that you think that you are doing is not correct.

So, let's start with 1), keeping in mind that we will need to move to 2) if 1) does not solve your issue.

Please restart your Mac and then open up AirPort Utility, and get to the Timed Access button and open things up. Check to see if there are any older settings that you might have entered that still remain. If there are no visible old settings that you entered previously, then the screen should look like this at this point:

User uploaded file

Is this the screen that you see? If not, please change the settings so that they look exactly like this, Save, and then Update AirPort Utility. Then, open up AirPort Utility again come back to the same place. Please post back when you have done that.

Jul 29, 2015 12:31 PM in response to Bob Timmons

I completed step 1; I did see the screen as you showed it with no prior settings. I entered the Description/MAC Address fields and a couple of times, before I could get to the Save button, the window closed and a message flashed quickly that I could not get a screenshot of. When that window disappeared, I was just back at the Airport Utility Network window. I think the message indicated that Airport utility lost connection, but it was really quickly gone. The good news is that the Save button was active when I re-tried. Another recurring problem is that after I hit Save and hit Update, I got an Airpot Utility quit unexpectedly message.

Ultimately, I was able to save wireless access time for the iPhone; so I appreciate you taking the time to help me trouble shoot this.

I wish I could see that error message so I could trouble shoot why the utility keeps quitting.

Thanks,

Molly

Jul 29, 2015 12:37 PM in response to mollyhop

AirPort Utility on your Mac is acting up. We've seen similar reports from other users. If you have another Mac, try that if you need to adjust the Timed Access settings.

You can also use AirPort Utility for your iPhone or iPad. It is a better application than AirPort Utility on the Mac. If you have not downloaded and installed it on your iPhone or iPad, you might want to take a look here:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/airport-utility/id427276530?mt=8

Problem setting up timed access control for an iPhone MAC address Airport 6.3.4 utility.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.