Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

once i have erased the iPad through Find My iPhone, how does the disabled iPad then connect to the internet to complete my request of erasing the content?

once i have erased the iPad through Find My iPhone, how does the disabled iPad then connect to the internet to complete my request of erasing the content?

iPad Mini, restoring disabled iPad

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 2:38 PM

2 replies

Jul 28, 2015 4:31 PM in response to kochella

kochella wrote:

It doesn't connect to the internet unless it is powered up. You can give the command to erase the iPad but it will not happen until the iPad connects to the Internet again, so you cannot complete the erase process until it is powered up and connected to WiFi.

iCloud: Erase your device

After you set a device to erase

• If your device is online, the remote erase begins. A confirmation email is sent to your Apple ID email address.
  • If your device is offline, the remote erase begins the next time it’s online.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.