Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can send Mail but not receive in one Mail account

I've just discovered that I my wife and I stopped receiving emails in one of our Mail accounts about a month ago.

We can both still send mail out from that account by SMTP but can no longer receive mail via IMAP. We've only just noticed because the mail was being forwarded to our .mac accounts - or at least it was being.

I have a MacBook Pro and an iMac, both running OSX Yosemite 10.10.4 and my wife runs on Mountain Lion. Our Mail is serviced by a Mac Mini Server running 10.6 Snow Leopard.

We have internet access and our other mail accounts are sending and receiving normally - it's just the one account which is a problem but as it's a business account I need to sort it urgently.

Mail Connection Doctor shows the account connected with login to server succeeded. The account sits there quite happily in Mail as if nothing is wrong, but if an email is sent to its address it doesn't receive it.

I've done all the obvious remedies - restarted, repaired disk pemisssions, etc., and double checked all the server settings as best I can, and I've deleted the mail prefs but to no avail.

When this all started it wouldn't recognise our passwords but that seems to have settled now. I wondered if the mailbox might be too full and have deleted a lot but with no effect.

My mail server seems to think its connnected OK to the mail account and is happy to send mail out from it, but not to send any to it.

Can anyone offer any suggestions please?

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Server 253 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 1:31 PM

There are no replies.

Can send Mail but not receive in one Mail account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.