Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Panic...Tried to sync songs from MacBook to iPhone and now everything is messed up!

All I wanted to do was sync some songs from my MacBook Pro to my iPhone6. I plug the phone into the laptop. And then I clicked buttons that I don't remember and now when the phone was turned back on, everything was different! Apps that I didn't have (but my kids have) are on my phone, some apps are no longer there, and worst of all my Calendar is gone!!! So are my Notes! Panic. Please help.

The only question I remember them asking which I was unsure of was, Do you want to sync this as a new phone or as an update? Thinking it would be easier, I clicked update. I'm guessing that means somehow my phone and one of my kids' phones are somehow messed up together.

Oh panic. My calendar. Any way out of this mess? Any way to get back my lost calendar and notes? Help!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 1:56 PM

8 replies

Jul 28, 2015 5:09 PM in response to AmethystRain

There should be a section called "backups." If you don't see that there are no backups.

User uploaded file

To find out if your calenders are available, go to Settings/iCloud and turn them on. If this doesn't resolve it, and there are no backups, the information is gone forever.

The other thing to check is iTunes to see if there are backups. Normally a backup is made before syncing. In iTunes go to Preferences, Devices tab. Any backups will be listed there.

Jul 28, 2015 5:28 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Well, Lawrence, the words "gone forever" sound so final. But unfortunately that seems to be the case. 😟😢

Oh well. I guess there are worse things in life. I'll probably miss an appointment or two. Hopefully nothing earth-shattering will happen because I've lost all my calendar entries and all my contacts. Lesson learned: backup everything.

I thank you for your help.

Karen

Panic...Tried to sync songs from MacBook to iPhone and now everything is messed up!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.