Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am setting up my new imac but it has been in setting up mode for over 4 hours and nothing is happening...is this normal?

I just bought an new imac...i am setting it up and have gone through all the initial bits. It has now been 'setting up' for over 4 hours...is this a normal amount of time or has it frozen? If so what should I do? Thanks

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 2:52 PM

2 replies

Jul 28, 2015 6:09 PM in response to Andismon

Press and hold the power button for a few seconds until the power shuts off, then release, wait a few more seconds, and press it again briefly to restart. If that doesn't solve the problem, see below.

The warranty entitles you to complimentary phone support for the first 90 days of ownership.

If you bought the product in the U.S. directly from Apple (not from a reseller), you have 14 days from the date of delivery in which to exchange or return it for a refund. In other countries, the return policy may be different. If you bought from a reseller, its return policy applies.

I am setting up my new imac but it has been in setting up mode for over 4 hours and nothing is happening...is this normal?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.