Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppleCare + in foreign country II

Hello -

I found conflicting information about the usability of the AppleCare/APP + Protection Plan on the community pages as well as during various calls to Apple Hotline in Europe (Germany) and the US. Some say that they used the APP in other countries, others say that this will not work, the device will have to be serviced in the country in which it was purchased.

Maybe there is a difference between APP for MBP and an aPP+ for iPhone 6?

1. I bought a MacBook for my daughter to take with her for her exchange student year in the US and an APP for it right along because I was told by the German as well as the US Apple customer support that she could use it in the US should she experience problems with it. The ONLY thing they would not be able to provide is remote software service. This information is basically what lead me to purchase the MBP with APP here instead of there.

2. I am also planning on purchasing an iPhone 6 for her, here and now, and I inquired about the APP+ and its usability for service in the US. Now I am told that the device would then have to be shipped to the country where it was been purchased.

Surely that can't be true? I thought the iPhone is for mobile people?

Can someone report on his/her experience with AppleCare Service in a country that was NOT the country in which the device was purchased?

Thank you very much.

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 2:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 3:03 PM

Applecare for Macs is global, but for iPhones it is confined to the country of purchase.

2 replies

AppleCare + in foreign country II

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.