Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Songs never play in order

On iTunes 12.2.1.16, I can never get my music to play in the correct order any more. I always have iTunes on the 'Artists' view, and I normally click an Artist and click one of their songs to play, or just double click their name to play the first song.

In older versions of iTunes, when the song ended, the next song underneath would play. So if it was an album, that'd be the next song in the album, or if it was the last song on the album, the next album underneath would play. Now however, they're completely randomised, no matter if I'm waiting for the song to end or pressing skip.

I don't have shuffle turned on, but it seems to be behaving like it's on shuffle regardless. Does anyone have any ideas? I'm starting to despair, it's really irritating and I can't believe this is a bug in such an important OS X application.

Mac mini (Late 2009), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 1:14 PM

There are no replies.

Songs never play in order

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.