Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes doesn't sync podcast play setting to my iPod Touch?

I subscribe to a lot of podcasts. Since iTunes doesn't have a way to set global defaults for the Play and Sort Order settings for podcasts (that I could find), I was forced to manually go to each podcast and set these two values (which is painful!) in the Podcast Settings for each podcast.

After syncing the podcasts, I started playing the oldest episode of a podcast. After the episode finished, the newest episode started playing. I checked a few other podcasts and the same thing happened.

I then checked the Settings for a couple of podcasts and saw that they were set to the opposite of what I set in iTunes (the defaults). It appears that iTunes is not syncing each podcast settings to the iTouch.

It was painful having to do it in iTunes... it would make me want to pull my hair out if I had to do the same thing for each podcast on the device!

I have three questions:

1. Is there a setting that I missed in iTunes to set the global defaults for podcasts for the Play and Sort Order settings?

2. If not, is there a script that can do this?

3. Shouldn't iTunes sync the settings for each podcast that I spent all the time setting for each podcast?

Thanks.

iPod touch, iOS 8.4, 128 GB 6th gen

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 4:19 PM

There are no replies.

iTunes doesn't sync podcast play setting to my iPod Touch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.