Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I changed my login email - now my iPhone 4 will not let me download or update apps!

How do I get the phone to release the old user email and update with the new one? I see no option that will let me do this. Help? Thank you!

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 2:44 PM

6 replies

Jul 30, 2015 11:42 AM in response to vsings

Hello, vsarge.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like you changed the primary email address associated with your Apple ID and need to update this information on your iPhone. Here is the article that will walk you through what services you need to sign out, then back in with the updated Apple ID. See all sections that reference iPhone.

What to do after you change your Apple ID email address or password

Cheers

Jul 30, 2015 5:14 PM in response to vsings

I Know that you have posted this question a couple of times now and you are not getting anywhere. I realize it must be extremely frustrating. The last discussion that we had you said that tapping the ID does not give you the option to sign out. When you tap your ID, do you get any options at all? Is there any response whatsoever when you tap your ID in the settings? Can you access other settings in the settings app and make changes?

I changed my login email - now my iPhone 4 will not let me download or update apps!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.