Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I used to receive text messages to both my iPhone and iPad. Now I only receive them to my iPhone. What do I have to do to receive text messages to my iPad; i checked to ensure my email on my iphone and ipad matched, they do. now what do i do.

I used to receive text messages to both my iPhone and iPad. Now I only receive them on my iPhone. What do I have to do to receive text messages to my iPad; based on the solution from the community, I checked to ensure my email on my iphone and ipad matched, they do. now what do i do.

iPad 2, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 3:51 PM

3 replies

Jul 28, 2015 4:22 PM in response to Lori 1000

First check the settings on the phone. Settings>Messages>Text Message Forwarding>Your iPad. Also Settimgs>Messages>Send & Receive at>You can be reached by iMessages at>Select your Apple ID email address as well as the phone number which should already be selected.

On the iPad go to Settings>Messages>Send & Receve at>You can be reached by iMessages a Time>Select your iPhone number.

You must be signed into your Apple ID and into your iCloud account on both devices and they have to be on the same Wifi network for this to work as well.

I used to receive text messages to both my iPhone and iPad. Now I only receive them to my iPhone. What do I have to do to receive text messages to my iPad; i checked to ensure my email on my iphone and ipad matched, they do. now what do i do.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.