Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Brand new iPod touch 6th generation. Touchy home button.

Hi everyone. I recently purchased a new iPod touch 6th generation from macmall which is an authorized apple reseller, so I have a 1 year apple warranty. I noticed right out of the box that the home button only responds well if you press it in the very center, or really hard anywhere else. So if I miss it becomes quite the annoyance. Would this be covered by the apple warranty to fix, or am I going to have to pay for it if i want it fixed?

iPod touch (4th generation), iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 2:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 3:29 PM

If defective and not abused Apple will exchange your iPod at no cost.

Other posters in this form have said the the Home Button on the 6G can be stiff initially and should get easier to press with use.

Contact the Seller or Apple or better yet

- Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2015 3:29 PM in response to TheBigW7

If defective and not abused Apple will exchange your iPod at no cost.

Other posters in this form have said the the Home Button on the 6G can be stiff initially and should get easier to press with use.

Contact the Seller or Apple or better yet

- Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Brand new iPod touch 6th generation. Touchy home button.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.