Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

issue with itunes match uploading music and playlists

Finally upgraded from IPhone 4 to IPhone 6

Verizon was able to import contacts etc, but none of my music was brought over

I was able to download the music I had purchased from Apple to the iphone 6, but I have a lot of music from CD’s and playlists that are on the old iphone 4

So I thought iTunes Match would take care of things and paid for the service, but problems –

When I turn iTunes Match on the iphone 4 ITunes says it’s going to erase the phone!. But this is the only device with all my music and playlists. I was assuming it was going to say “we find all this music and playlists on this phone do you want to add it to Itunes Match?”. Nope

Also, I’m logging in to ITunes on my PC with the same login I use from the IPhone 6 but ITunes on the PC only shows one purchased song? There’s many more and like I said I already downloaded those to the Iphone 6. So this has me concerned

Anyone able to steer me in the right direction?

thanks!

iPhone 6

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 4:01 PM

1 reply

Jul 28, 2015 11:51 PM in response to geoinct

You can only upload your music to iTunes Match from your computer's iTunes, not from an iOS device, so you need to have them in your computer's iTunes library to upload them to Match : Subscribe to iTunes Match - Apple Support

If you don't have your music in your computer's iTunes library then you can copy purchases back from a device by connecting it and doing File > Devices > Transfer Purchases, or for those purchases that are still in the store (and if you haven't moved countries since buying them) should show in the Purchased link under Quick Links on the right-hand side of the iTunes store homepage for redownloading. For your own music (e.g. copied from CDs or bought from other sites), if they aren't in that computer's iTunes library then add them from your backup copy of them via File > Add To Library - if you don't have a backup : Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device (some of the programs listed on that page can copy playlists back from a device)

issue with itunes match uploading music and playlists

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.