Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi. My iPad mini will not let me download any apps, or update them, etc. It makes me enter my Apple ID numerous times, and then it either tells me "Your Apple ID has been disabled" or "Cannot connect to iTunes store." Help?

It will not let me download apps.

Then, it will either

A. Make me enter my iTunes password many times and then show me one of the following messages:

B. Tell me that it "Cannot connect to the iTunes store"

C. tell me that my "Apple ID has been disabled"

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 3:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 4:00 PM

Make sure you have a strong wifi connection. Try resetting your password.

Updating your Apple ID account information - Apple Support

If your Apple ID has been locked - Apple Support

3 replies

Jul 28, 2015 6:21 PM in response to Bow71703

That happened to my wife the other day. It turned out the App store was down for technical reasons. Waiting a few hours and trying again solved her problem. If you use a correct ID but make an error entering the Password after three to five tries Apple will block your account in case someone is trying to hack into your account. Waiting 24 hours and using the correct password will correct that. That is annoying but not half as annoying as some hacker getting in with your Apple ID and password and spending a lot of your money.

Hi. My iPad mini will not let me download any apps, or update them, etc. It makes me enter my Apple ID numerous times, and then it either tells me "Your Apple ID has been disabled" or "Cannot connect to iTunes store." Help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.