Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ok. So Im really having a difficult time... Ipod Reset?

So I recently posted another post earlier about this problem. I cant reset my iPod and I forgot my restrictions password. So It wont let me reset it without the code. Honestly. Im just done with it. I really need help with it. How can I reset it? I've already tried the recovery thing. I dont have any backups before the putting on the restrictions code. So what can I do? Cant I just erase it on the computer? Like delete all files or something. Im just going crazy xD Please I really need help with this... Thanks - Jp

iPod touch, iOS 7.1, Idk.

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 7:21 PM

6 replies

Jul 29, 2015 1:31 AM in response to MistuhJp

Place the iOS device in Recovery Mode and then connect to your computer and restore via iTunes. The iPod will be erased.

If recovery mode does not work try DFU mode.

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

For how to restore:

iTunes: Restoring iOS software

You can redownload most iTunes purchases by:

Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store

If problem what happens or does not happen and when in the instructions? When you successfully get the iPod in recovery mode and connect to computer iTunes should say it found an iPod in recovery mode.

Also, it the iPod has iOS 7 or later yo will have to enter the ID and password last used in Settings>iCloud

Find My iPhone Activation Lock

Jul 29, 2015 5:30 AM in response to lllaass

So I tried recovery mode and it did not work. It says downloading bla bla for about 2 to 3 hours and nothing happened. It just downloaded when my iPod was connected then it was just normal. It did not reset my pod at all. My last backup was way after I put the restrictions code on it. So I cant really back it up. But I dont care about anything on the device. I just need to erase it. I forgot my restrictions code so I cant erase all. Help?

Jul 29, 2015 8:11 AM in response to MistuhJp

The

It says downloading bla bla for about 2 to 3 hours and nothing happened.

indicates that you are not fully downloading the firmware since when yo restore y go to the latest iOS versin which is 8.5 for the 5G.

Try:

Follow the instructions in the following to first download the firmware and then place the iPod in Recovery mode and restore via iTunes. Make sure you download the current iOS version for your iPod. For a 5G it is 8.4 and make sure you download the firmware for you devices since iPhone firmware will not install on a iPod

How to Install iOS 8.1.3 Update on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch

Use the Step 5 update using iTunes instructions but download the firmware for your device. Note that if you try to restore to an earlier iOS version you will only get errors

Ok. So Im really having a difficult time... Ipod Reset?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.