Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

deleted photos question

I deleted photos from my iPhone 6 to make space on my device and when I checked my computer they were also deleted from there! Why did this happen Apple??? I lost precious photos! Can I get them back?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 4:58 PM

4 replies

Jul 28, 2015 5:23 PM in response to Christina.Kirilo

Depends - to get help you have to provide details as we can not see you

What version of iPhoto are you using? Is OS X 10.8.4 as you state correct for your OS? are you using MyPHotoStream? If so do you have iPhoto set to automatically import MyPHotoStream photos?

and note that Apple is not here - this is strictly a user to user assistance forum

LN

Jul 28, 2015 6:06 PM in response to Christina.Kirilo

Ok - that changes everything but still details are critical

What are your setting for iCloud in the Mac System Preferences and in the Photos preferences and on each IOS device

As a wild guess with no details it sounds like you may have iCloud Photo Library set and if you do then you library is on iCloud and any changes you make on any device including additions, deletions and edits is reflected on all devices as documented - if you are using ICPL then the solution is to check the Optimize photos on devices with limited storage

LN

deleted photos question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.