Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Forgot Restrictions Pass code.

So I've had my ipod 5 for quite sometime. I had a restrictions code put on it and now I have forgotten it. I really want to factory reset it as well but I need to know my restrictions passcode inorder to reset it. And just informing. I do have Icloud back ups. Dont know how to use them. Ive had the restrictions code on my ipod for quite sometime and my ipoid backsup almost every day. So I cant do that. I also dont use Itunes at all on my computer so yea... How can I reset my passcode or the whole device without knowing the passcode? Anything helps. Thanks - Jp

iPod touch, iOS 7.1, Idk.

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 4:14 PM

8 replies

Jul 28, 2015 4:19 PM in response to MistuhJp

Forgotten RESTRICTIONS Passcode

- Place the iOS device in Recovery Mode and restore via iTunes. For how to restore: iTunes: Restoring iOS software

You have to either:

- Restore from a backup that was make before you added the Restrictions passcode. If you restore from a backup made with the Restrictions passcode the Restrictions passcode is also restored.

- Restore to factory settings/new iPod

Forgot Restrictions Pass code.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.