Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my charger block killed my ipod

well my friend gave me his old charger block like the one you plug into a wall and i lost mine a few days later so i went to use his old one i put my ipods cord in and plugged it into the wall i plugged my ipod into the cord and it all looked fine so i went on my ipod as it charged i dint notice that the block was getting very hot my ipods screen went light purple i quickly unplugged my ipod but the purple got darker and darker and in seconds my ipod turned off the end of the cord (where you put in the ipod) was burning hot literally i burned myself when i touched it and the block itself was like that too not being able to unplug the block i let it keep going the cords tip boiled and bubbled and smocked then they both stopped the cord and block now my ipod wont charge, turn on, or be recognized by my computer i bought a new cord and block i dont know what to do or whats even wrong how to fix it and how much it will be does anyone have any ideas

iPod touch, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 3:17 PM

1 reply

Jul 28, 2015 3:24 PM in response to JackOfBlades

Apple MASY exchange your iPod for a refurbished one for $99 for 16 GB 5G and $149 for the other 5Gs. They do not fix yours.

Apple - iPod Repair price

You can do it at an Apple store by making an appointment:

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

or send it in to Apple. See:

Service Answer Center - iPod

Aple MAY NOT because thay state:

However, certain damage is ineligible for out-of-warranty service, including catastrophic damage, such as the device separating into multiple pieces, and inoperability caused by unauthorized modifications.

my charger block killed my ipod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.