Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music destroyed my music collection on Ipad

Not a question just a statement.

New Apple Music is a scam.

It has destroyed all my music on my Ipad and the only way I can retrieve it is to join Apple Music

I would rather buy a non Apple product.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 3:45 PM

7 replies

Jul 28, 2015 4:49 PM in response to Caute3

I Never "joined" Apple Music and have absolutely no intention of doing so. I did not lose a thing when I updated my devices to iOS 8.4. Furthermore, I backup and sync with iTunes all the time in order to keep my devices and iTunes library up to date with same content.

Do you actually know how to sync devices so that you don't lose anything? Have you ever synced with iTunes before? If you have never synced with iTunes, it is possible to lose content if you don't transfer purchases first.

Jul 28, 2015 11:16 PM in response to Demo

Funnily enough, as a grown adult, with experience of Apple Products I do know how to sync. I also know that Apple charged for their Cloud Service and I lost thousands of songs, and dozens of albums - just like - wait a minute - millions of other Apple customers. So I stop using iTunes and syncing and losing my music and turned instead to using a good old fashioned analogue MP3 player... Only I kept my music - what I had left - on my iPad and I would have quite liked to stil be able to access it - you know, as one can - for free- on Amazon music. But I can't because upgrading to lateste Apple IOS version has blocked all my Music - another Apple ploy.

As I said at the beginning of this post, I didn't have a question. I am just really annoyed, as so many other people are. I don't have to sync Pages with Word or Amazon Music with my Music Library or anything else whatsoever but Apple do like ******* about with our music. And that makes them pretty rubbish in my opinion.

No more comments please, Thank you.

Jul 29, 2015 4:56 AM in response to Caute3

Caute3 wrote:

Funnily enough, as a grown adult, with experience of Apple Products I do know how to sync. I also know that Apple charged for their Cloud Service and I lost thousands of songs, and dozens of albums - just like - wait a minute - millions of other Apple customers. So I stop using iTunes and syncing and losing my music and turned instead to using a good old fashioned analogue MP3 player... Only I kept my music - what I had left - on my iPad and I would have quite liked to stil be able to access it - you know, as one can - for free- on Amazon music. But I can't because upgrading to lateste Apple IOS version has blocked all my Music - another Apple ploy.

Actually demo's question - based on this and your previous comments - is quite valid. The only "cloud service" Apple offered related to music prior to Apple Music was iTunes Match, which would not in itself cause you to lose all of your music. If that happened it was due to something you were doing (and why did you not back up your data?). And Apple isn't blocking anything. It really sounds more like you haven't taken the time to learn how to use it.

Caute3 wrote:

As I said at the beginning of this post, I didn't have a question. I am just really annoyed, as so many other people are.

This is a technical support forum and not the correct venue for that.

Caute3 wrote:

I don't have to sync Pages with Word or Amazon Music with my Music Library or anything else whatsoever but Apple do like ******* about with our music. And that makes them pretty rubbish in my opinion.

That makes absolutely no sense.

Caute3 wrote:

No more comments please, Thank you.

That isn't your decision to make.

Apple Music destroyed my music collection on Ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.