Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

websites (typically news media) constantly error and reload

Latest version of Safai very unstable and slow on IPad mini (2014) page art loads and then crashes and reloads, seems to be most frequent on sites with dynamic content Advertising, The guardian and Indipendant news papers also the Mail at times. really spoiling the experience.

any ideas, are others having same issue.?

sotware are up to date at time of post.

iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 6:00 PM

1 reply

Jul 29, 2015 5:50 AM in response to Andrew Walters

My experience is that it's often content on the page or coding that doesn't quite work on mobile safari. Also, given those types of sites, it may also be flash based content - which mobile safari doesn't play (and Flash is a dying program anyway)

I would suggest that you see if that news source has a mobile app or look for a different browser.

The site is highly unlikely to change their coding to accommodate mobile (although in this day and age they should) nor is Apple likely to tweak Safari for a site or selection of sites (the expectations is that companies/people fit in with their business model not the other way around), so the only real thing for users to do is to find work arounds, which would be an app or different browser.

I use Atomic web browser (no idea if it has a cost or if it was free, it's been a while since I installed it). I've found, given mobile Safari's eccentricities it's always good to have a different browser available.

websites (typically news media) constantly error and reload

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.