Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble moving self-made tones to 4s

I have a pretty difficult situation that I cannot find a solution to. I lost my self-made tones when I upgraded to iOS 8, and I cannot get them back onto my phone. They appear and play in my iTunes Tones folder, but will not drag to the phone. I cannot sync the phone to this iTunes, as all my music is on another computer and this will erase all that media on my phone. I cannot sync and then restore my music/media from the other computer as it is a much older model and no longer recognizes my iPhone since the iOS 8 upgrade.

Is there any other way to get my self-made .M4r files onto my phone besides syncing and erasing (and permanently losing) all my other media? Apple, why can't this be made a simple drag-and-drop like it used to be? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

I have an iPhone 4s running iOS 8.3, and iTunes version 12.2.1.

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 5:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 3:45 PM

I found my own work-around that enables me to use the equipment and media I paid for in the way that I choose. Thanks to everyone for all your help.

1 reply

Trouble moving self-made tones to 4s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.