Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 5 not turning on after getting new battery

I had my battery replaced yesterday. It took a long time to charge up and then this morning it kept shutting off and on for about 20 minutes. It worked perfectly all day until about an hour ago when it completely shut off and I can't start it up again. I just keep getting the black screen with the apple appearing every few minutes when it's plugged in.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 6:49 PM

2 replies

Jul 29, 2015 10:38 AM in response to shari_nat

Where did you get the battery replaced? If Apple replaced it make an appointment at the genius bar and get the phone checked over. If the battery was replaced by a 3rd party then you need to go back to them. If it was the 3rd party option you won't get any help from Apple as any warranty and post warranty rights will have been voided when the phone was opened.

Jul 29, 2015 2:21 PM in response to Matt-Hawes

Thank you for your help.

I just had my phone replaced. 🙂 The new battery was from the apple store. Today when I brought it in they couldn't even remotely access the battery and I'm not sure what they found but hey decided that something happened to my phone most likely as a result of the installation of the new battery. I had a phone that worked perfectly monday morning before the battery was replaced. So it all worked out in the end.

Iphone 5 not turning on after getting new battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.