Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Odd email usage.

I Have no email on my phone currently but it says I have 2.1 GB ON "email" usage under manage storage. I am not sure why? Any help would be great in how to fix.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 7:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 2:05 PM

Howdy Scmacg92,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

If you're not seeing any emails in your inbox, but you are seeing storage space being taken up by Mail, then you might need to clear our your Trash folder.

iOS

If your iOS device is configured to access iCloud email, you can delete messages from any mailbox, then empty the Trash to free up space:

1. Swipe left across any message to delete it.
  2. Tap your Trash folder.
  3. Delete messages one at a time or delete all of them by tapping Edit, then tapping Delete All.

Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

Have a good one.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2015 2:05 PM in response to Scmacg92

Howdy Scmacg92,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

If you're not seeing any emails in your inbox, but you are seeing storage space being taken up by Mail, then you might need to clear our your Trash folder.

iOS

If your iOS device is configured to access iCloud email, you can delete messages from any mailbox, then empty the Trash to free up space:

1. Swipe left across any message to delete it.
  2. Tap your Trash folder.
  3. Delete messages one at a time or delete all of them by tapping Edit, then tapping Delete All.

Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

Have a good one.

Odd email usage.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.