Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Macbook pro won't take Yosemite recovery update 1.0!!

Back in February I purchased a refurbished Macbook Pro from Apple's online store. It has been acting strange for several months. It does the "kernal panic" restart thing a couple times a month and I've noticed three or 4 times where it has done this weird reboot thing when it wakes up from sleep mode. Anyway, I noticed the day before yesterday that there was a recovery update for yosemite and now my computer doesn't seem to be downloading the update despite me trying several times. I talked to a friend who owned the same model computer for a while and he told me that he never experienced any of these problems. I'm a little worried the computer may have problems and need to be sent into Apple for repairs or something. Does any of this sound familiar to anybody? What should I do? I appreciate any help/advice you guys can offer me and thanks for your time 🙂

-James

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 7:56 PM

2 replies

Jul 29, 2015 10:24 AM in response to lllaass

I have a Macbook Pro (13-inch, mid 2012) model

When I go to the updates page of the app store it says there's a software update available OS X Yosemite Recovery Update 1.0 and in the box for the update it says "The OS X Yosemite Recovery Update improves the reliability of Yosemite Recovery when restoring from a Time Machine backup."

The update has been for a few days now but every time I click install the bar briefly says "installed" then switches back to update and the update's still there.. and I noticed whenever I start up my computer and log in, my finder bar up top is missing until I click up top, then it will appear. There definitely seems to be something up with this computer. It's still covered under the warranty is there any way I can figure out if it needs to be repaired without taking it to the nearest apple store (or apple certified location)?

My Macbook pro won't take Yosemite recovery update 1.0!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.