Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV2 streaming and buffering problems

Hello everybody,

I am using my Apple TV2 for more then 2 years now. Never had any issues. My Apple TV is connected with a TimeCapsule over WiFi. The router is placed 4 meters from the Apple TV. So, I have a full connection without interruption from other equipment. My download speed is 25Mbps.

I use Apple TV to watch movies from iTunes on my MacBookPro. Until a few weeks ago, if I watched a movie from 2 hours, the Apple TV finished streaming already after 40 minutes.

Now, suddenly and I don't know why, streaming doesn't work properly anymore. After 15-20 minutes the Apple TV freezes and keeps waiting for further streaming. If I restart Apple TV at this point, I can look another 15 minutes, and then it stops again. (I have to do a restart to make it possible to look another 15 minutes). I can see that the streaming is not becoming slow, but just stopping after about 15 minutes.

In a mean time I did everything, restart Apple TV, reset Apple TV, get back to factory settings, disabled power for a few minutes, checked for updates. Nothing seems to help. There were no changes in my network, no changes on my TimeCapsule and no changes on my computer.

So, at this point I really don't know what I can do more to get this fixed.

Can anyone help me out?

Hans Lijnbach

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 12:21 AM

There are no replies.

Apple TV2 streaming and buffering problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.