Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I tried to create a new imovie library in my airport, but it can't be done because of the latter's format which is Mac OS Extended (Case-Sensitive, Journaled). Is this the case? And if so, can it be reformatted without the case-sensitive thing? tnx.

I want to transfer my imovie library to my airport disc. However, it seems that a new library cannot be created to it as it was formatted as Mac OS Extended (Case-Sensitive, Journaled). Is that so? If so, can I reformat it without the Case-sensitive option, just like in my internal HD, without erasing the files? Thanks.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10), mid-2011

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 1:25 AM

2 replies

Jul 29, 2015 8:31 PM in response to LaPastenague

thank you very much. yes, the error message states about the format not being supported by imovie, where in fact, it is the kind of disk, that is not, and that is network. i read about it but i thought external hard disk covers network drives, especially that i use ethernet connection and not wireless. i should have known better. thanks a lot.

I tried to create a new imovie library in my airport, but it can't be done because of the latter's format which is Mac OS Extended (Case-Sensitive, Journaled). Is this the case? And if so, can it be reformatted without the case-sensitive thing? tnx.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.