Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Profile Installation Failed - Enrolment Profile

Hi All, hopefully someone can assist me here..

I have profile manager setup on 10.10.4 iMac, running server 4.1.3.. We had profile manager running smoothly all year, but recently something has 'broken' it.

Already enrolled devices work perfectly. However we cannot enrol any new devices. If we remove a already working device, we cannot get it re-enrolled.

The trust profile installs as normal, but the enrolment Profile (using either 'Enrol' in MyDevices or downloading a unique enrolment profile) fails everytime.

See below for error received when trying to install the enrolment profile...

User uploaded file

--

If i navigate to the URL in the error, I receive this...

User uploaded file

--

I've been researching solutions all day with no luck. I really want to avoid re-building this server as it has over 500 devices enrolled in profile manager, and each one would need to be manually re-enrolled if a rebuild was to happen... not ideal

OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 10:23 PM

3 replies

Jul 31, 2015 6:21 AM in response to gwizzz21

I'm getting a similar error since upgrading to 4.1.3. It seems like every few upgrades we run into these types of issues that stop us dead in our tracks and it is becoming more and more frustrating. This morning I am going to be working on setting up a new server with 4.1.2 installed and hopefully restore from a Profile Manager database backup using Bender (http://robotcloud.screenstepslive.com/s/2459/m/5322/l/94467-bender-automated-bac kup-of-os-x-server-settings)

User uploaded file

Aug 20, 2015 11:53 AM in response to gwizzz21

Hey gwizzz21,

Sorry I didn't respond before now. I ended up having to rebuild my server from scratch, as the backup and restore process/documentation for Profile Manager (or any OS X Server functions) is so non-existent that I wasn't able to restore any data from my Bender backups without spending time which I don't have to learn the ins and outs of psql. Rather than spend any money on Applecare OS Support (which hasn't been helpful in the past), I'm going to be spending the near future taking what would roughly be that same budget expense and convince my company to invest in an actual MDM solution. Right now I'm looking at and have been impressed by Casper Suite. They even have tools for backing up and restoring your MDM configuration, what a crazy thought.

Profile Installation Failed - Enrolment Profile

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.